Established in 1971, Woodmoor is located in unincorporated El Paso County, just east of the town of Monument. The neighborhood is mostly single-family homes, with a few townhouse developments and even some empty lots remaining. Located about 1 mile from I-25, residents have easy access for commutes to both Denver and Colorado Springs.
The Woodmoor HOA website has ready access to governing documents for the community.
Fox Run park, only 3 miles away, is a regional park boasting recreation for the entire family. The park allows hikers, mountain biking and horseback riding on the 4-miles of meandering trails. Gazebos are available to rent for special occasions. Children enjoy the vast areas of lawn and playgrounds within the park. The newest addition is a dog park, the only area in the park where dogs may be off-leash.
Woodmoor encompasses ~2,000 acres of heavily-treed land of ponderosa pines, some meadows and a golf course. The mature landscape, along with larger lot sizes (0.5-1 acre parcels), provides residence with privacy and breathing space. Typical home sizes are 2,000 sq.ft. to 7,000 sq.ft.
Home Sales for the Past 6 Months (Feb - July 2020)
Number sold: 149
Average sold price: $541,417
Highest sold price: $1,199,000
Lowest sold price: $247,000
Amenities & Recreational Activities
Woodmoor Commons is available to Woomoor residents and their guests. Some of the features within Woodmoor Commons:
- Toboggan Hill is an 11-acre sledding hill located on Deer Creek Road. It is a favorite place for kids & families just after a snow storm!
- Wild Duck Pond and Twin Ponds are both stocked with fish annually and residents are encouraged to test their fishing skills. You do not need to have a fishing license as Woodmoor is private property and not subject to state licensing requirements.
- Walking trails can be found throughout the neighborhood.
- The Community Center, or more commony known as The Barn, is a great place for residents & non-residents to host parties, weddings, graduations, conferences, etc. The Barn can hold up to 100 people.
- The Country Club at Woodmoor is located within Woodmoor with memberships available to both residents and non-residents. The Club offers an 18-hole championship golf course, indoor tennis courts, indoor & outdoor swimming pools, restaurant and exercise facilities.
Kings Deer is a golf course community located on the northern edge of El Paso County atop the Palmer Divide. At 7,400 feet in elevation, the neighborhood affords spectacular views of Pikes Peak and the front range.
Higby Estates is located south of Higby Road, midway between I-25 and Hwy 83, and has only 1 main loop road through the neighborhood. Through traffic is almost non-existent. If you’re looking for a peaceful retreat for your home, Higby Estates is ideal.
Bent Tree is a smaller residential community located approximately 3 miles east of downtown Monument. With lot sizes generally larger than 2.5 acres and heavily treed, the neighborhood offers privacy for everyone.
Don't Wait Any Longer. Get Expert Advice Today!
Keller Williams Clients' Choice
1175 Kelly Johnson Blvd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80920