Flying HorseColorado Springs, CO
Flying Horse is home to a private 18-hole championship golf course, world-class athletic club and spa, award winning K-12 school campus and 11 residential communities with varying amenities, architectural elements and styles of living.
Concerts in the park highlight summer community entertainment with visits from Santa in the winter where families can enjoy “sleigh” rides, refreshments and snacks.
Flying Horse is home to three parks – Barefoot, Angel Mist and Frog’s Leap – with play equipment, sports fields and picnic areas. Walking paths meander through the neighborhoods with convenient dog waste stations scattered throughout.
For walks outside the neighborhood, these trails are within a 5-10 minute drive:
- Santa Fe trail. The 14-mile trail is open to pedestrians and cyclists. One of the entrances to the trail is conveniently located at North Gate and I-25, just before the entrance to the Air Force Academy.
- Fox Run park. The park allows hikers, mountain biking and horseback riding on the 4-miles of meandering trails. Gazebos are available to rent for special occasions. Children enjoy the vast areas of lawn and playgrounds within the park. The newest addition is a dog park, the only area in the park where dogs may be off-leash.
The neighborhood is fairly new with the first homes built in 2005 and new communities opening within Flying Horse still today. Communities range from single-family homes to patio homes to luxury homes, and more. Homes range in size from about 2,500 SF to 6,500 SF.
Home Sales for the Past 6 Months (Feb - July 2020)
Number sold: 84
Average sold price: $663,226
Highest sold price: $1,900,000
Lowest sold price: $415,000
Museums & Other Attractions
Colorado Springs has an incredible number of museums, castles and family interactive facilities. These are within a 5-10 minute drive:
- Western Museum of Mining and Industry brings the history of mining to life through exhibits and guided tours. In the Fall, enjoy their Haunted House!
- United States Air Force Academy
- The Summit offers bowling, laser tag and arcades
- Regal Theaters Interquest & ICON Cinemas
Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
— Mark Twain
Students in this neighborhood typically attend the Discovery Canyon Campus (DCC), a pre-Kindergarten to 12th grade school.
The DCC Mission: to educate and inspire all students to achieve social, emotional, physical and academic success as conscientious global citizens through a comprehensive, inquiry-based curriculum using principles and tools of science and mathematics taught in a safe and respectful unified campus environment.
In 2016, 74% of the graduating class of 225 students went on to 4-year colleges/universities, 17% are now attending a 2-year college and 9% selected technical education, military service, work or travel experiences. School websites are:
- DCC Elementary, dccelementary.asd20.org
- DCC Middle, dccmiddle.asd20.org
- DCC High, dcchigh.asd20.org
NOTE: School districts do change boundary lines on occasion. Be sure to check with the appropriate school district office to verify school assignments for your specific address.
Northgate encompasses a number of subdivisions, including Northgate Highlands and Flying Horse. It is the closest residential subdivision to the US Air Force Academy.
High Forest Ranch
High Forest Ranch provides residents with easy access to downtown Colorado Springs (15 min.) and Denver (45 min.), while providing a "get away from it all" setting at home.
Located directly east of the Air Force Academy, Gleneagle is an ideal community for Denver and Colorado Springs commuters alike. The typical home is situated on a generous lot size with incredible views of the front range.
Don't Wait Any Longer. Get Expert Advice Today!
Keller Williams Clients' Choice
1175 Kelly Johnson Blvd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Keller Williams Realty, Inc. is a real estate franchise company. Each Keller Williams office is independently owned and operated. Keller Williams Realty, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports the Fair Housing Act.