You can keep your home in top shape with simple tasks throughout the year. This month, be sure to:
- Test your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms.
- Drain approximately 2 gallons from your water heater to eliminate sediment.
- Clean your clothes dryer vent duct.
- Vacuum your bathroom vent covers.
- Replace or clean your furnace filter.
- Clean out your basement window wells.
- Clean your refrigerator’s condenser coils to keep it operating efficiently.
- Clean around your air conditioning compressor and make sure that it gets sufficient air flow.